Saturday, December 25, 2010

Snowy the Cat


The only cat I haven't covered yet is sweet Snowy.  He's a beautiful, blue-eyed white cat.  We got Snowy as a kitten in Montana back in spring 2005.

He is certainly the shyest of the three cats, but he's also very sweet and mellow with a quiet purr.  He is terrified of Nimbo the dog, but he and Oreo and good pals.  One of Snowy's favorite habits is cleaning Oreo, though because of this he rarely cleans himself and sheds the most of the three cats.

Snowy loves to "perch" on me.  This involves him putting his front legs and upper body on me when I'm sleeping, with the rear of his body down on the bed.  Snowy is the only cat who really loves catnip.  The picture above is of him "drunk" on a catnip-filled toy.

Snowy's best "trick" is that he comes when called.  And not just some of the time, but every time, as long as I use a high-pitched voice to call him.  He also talks back endlessly if I use this same voice when in the same room as him.

So which of the three cats is my favorite?  I honestly can't say.  All three cats have their own distinguishing characteristics.  And it just feels wrong for me to actually pick a favorite.  I love them all equally!

No comments:

Post a Comment